Saturday, September 8, 2012

My "sewing room"!

I sew all over 2 houses.
I always think about how my husband has a spare room as an office, 2 garages, a basement and a shed. A VERY nice shed while I have "corners" in several rooms in both houses. Finally, I have appropriated 1/2 of a large guest room. He did build a nice set of display shelves that holds about 15 of my machines. I say "about" because I also have my books and accessories there. We finally bought narrow metal shelves still to be assembled for more machine space. Right now I have 4 machines in use or "in repair" in various parts of our summer  house. I also use the bed covered with a card board cutting mat. And the couches and the tables......Right now he is away so I'm not as neat! Fabric everywhere.
My collection has grown to 34 vintage machines here and 5 in the other house. My latest is the much spoken of Kenmore158 17550 from a yard sale last week. $5.00 with some accessories. I think all in all, I've probably spent less than the cost of one of the new computerized plastic machines.
Oh, and I figured out how to fix my mis spelled word! Thank you so much!
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment