Friday, September 7, 2012

Today was really fun! The weather was gorgeous and I got to sew all day. I've been practicing making Dresden Plate quilt squares and today I made 12 of them. I used my Kenmore 158 523. It's a beautiful vintage machine and works like a champ. The color is a smokey lavender and cream. It uses cams to make decorative stitches. I got it for $3.00 at the auction.
Of course it needed cleaning and oiling and didn't come with accessories, but the cabinet is good and I love it. It was the second machine of my addiction. As soon as I found out there are yahoo groups to join that share info about these beauties, I was hooked. So I have about 40 machines right now and have given 5 to my grandchildren!
Check with me again. I'll start to post photos of my "Kennies" and assorted others. Maybe pictures of my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment